A Real Superfood- Lemongrass Tea, One of the Best Herbal Remedies
There are several good reasons to drink this excellent Lemongrass Tea herbal tea. For instance, if someone is suffering from insomnia, drinking just one cup before bedtime can cause relaxation and promote a restful night of sleep. Lemongrass is also known to help relieve nausea and is an aid in digestion.
Drinking a cup after a large meal will take away that full feeling and will aid in digesting the food just consumed along with helping to remove unhealthy food additives, chemicals, and excess fats.
Lemongrass tea has been shown to reduce stress depression and anxiety which is a few things that trigger addiction and alcoholism in people.
Lemongrass tea also helps in the relief of constipation by keeping the bowels working properly and removing toxins to keep the body healthy and energetic. Acting as a natural diuretic, it is known to keep the kidneys and bladder working properly.
Its powerful antioxidant benefits help to keep the liver and pancreas healthy, and it is also known to help keep cholesterol levels normal.
Lemongrass tea is also a natural anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. At The Holistic Sanctuary we use other natural antibacterial teas. If drank consistently, studies have shown that it aids in the prevention of the outbreak of acne and keeps the skin healthy due to its anti-bacterial effects. It can also relieve aches and pains and helps to reduce fever.
If someone is suffering from depression anxiety or nervousness, lemongrass tea can help by reducing these symptoms. For many centuries in the country of Brazil, it has been used in the treatment of digestive problems and nervous disorders.
It is well-known for promoting relaxation. The people of the Amazon are well aware of this benefit and have used it regularly as a natural sedative. We refer to this sometimes as ‘herb sleep’.
- Antioxidant healing – This tea is bursting with antioxidants, which help protect your cells from damage by free radicals. Free radicals are molecules that form when you are exposed to toxins. Over time, they can damage your cells and can cause chronic disorders and heart disease. The antioxidants in lemongrass tea can help prevent these problems.
- Cancer Prevention – Compounds in lemongrass have properties that may lower your risk of developing cancer. Several laboratory studies confirmed that lemongrass attributes could prevent the growth of cancer cells. A study from Ben Gurion University in Israel concluded that a molecule called “citral” that is found in the Lemongrass plant induces programmed cell death in cancer cells without harming normal cells.
- Better Rest – A cup of this tea can help promote a restful, relaxing sleep at night and is helpful for those who suffer from insomnia.
- Stress relief – Lemongrass tea is known to reduce anxiety and tension and is often used to treat nervous disorders.
By now you can see that drinking Lemongrass tea has its benefits, but there is more.
1-Drinking lemongrass tea helps rid your body of excess wastes and can help speed up metabolism. Drinking the tea alone won’t result in massive weight loss. Instead, add a detox lemongrass tea to a healthy diet and workout plan.
2-Lemongrass essential oil is used in aromatherapy to freshen the air, reduce stress, and uplift the mood. Lemongrass is also used as a folk remedy to promote sleep, relieve pain, and boost immunity. … Keep reading to learn how drinking lemongrass tea may help deliver these potential health benefits.
3-Lemongrass might help prevent the growth of some bacteria and yeast.Lemongrass also contains substances that are thought to relieve pain and swelling, reduce fever, improve levels of sugar and cholesterol in the blood, stimulate the uterus and menstrual flow, and have antioxidant properties.
4-Relieving bloating. Drinking lemongrass tea can have diuretic effects, which means that it stimulates the kidneys to release more urine than usual. According to a small-scale study in the Journal of Renal Nutrition, drinking lemongrass tea increases urine output more than other beverages.
5–Is Lemon Grass good for skin? One major lemongrass essential oil benefit is its skin healing properties. … To keep it as simple as we can, Lemongrass for skin also has antiseptic and astringent properties, which helps to give your skin that beautiful, even glow.
How To Make A Lemongrass Tea:
- Pour 1 cup boiling water over 1 to 3 teaspoons fresh or dried lemongrass.
- Steep for at least five minutes.
- Strain the tea.
- Enjoy hot or add ice cubes for iced lemongrass tea.