It is painful to see your loved one suffer from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. They may act and behave differently from the person you knew before—irritable, angry, depressed, and withdrawn. He or she may be emotionally and mentally strained by PTSD. For some people, symptoms may even be severe, and seeking professional help may be necessary.
As a person concerned with your loved one’s situation, you may feel guilty that you cannot help fix their problems or maybe you want to hasten the process of healing.
Unfortunately, you cannot easily change someone. However, you can do the following things to help PTSD patients:
- Learn everything you can about PTSD. By reading books, articles, blogs, and even watching videos about PTSD will help you have an understanding of what they are going through.
- Understand that their withdrawal and avoidance are all part of the disorder. Have you ever tried approaching a loved one and they instantaneously rejected your help? Then let them be alone and have their own space. Just reassure them that you are always available to assist and help them.
- Anticipate and know how to manage triggers. PTSD patients can be easily triggered by a person, thing, place, or situation that reminds them of their trauma. Common PTSD symptoms such as flashbacks can set off if they are triggered by something or someone. To help your loved one, ask them how they cope with triggers in the past. Together, you may come up with an effective plan on how he or she should respond in the future.
- Listen to them. One of the most precious things you can give them is your attention. Being present with them during difficult times means a lot. You do not have to give unsolicited advice. Just listen. Be patient with them and try not to force them to talk about their trauma.
- Offer them professional help. If they are willing, invite them to go to a medical appointment with you to assist them with treatment. In serious cases, it might be helpful to look for treatment centers for post-traumatic stress disorder.
The Holistic Sanctuary is a world-class healing center that provides complete healing of the mind, body, and spirit for people who are suffering from PTSD and other mental health issues.
With our specialized complete healing therapy sessions, which includes the use of a unique IV formula, ancient plant medicine, yoga, massage, and others, our 9-hour long treatment balances and repairs the cells that were damaged.
Many treatment centers use benzodiazepines to treat patients with severe PTSD. However, you may not like the common side effects of the drug— it can deteriorate the memory of the patient and make them at risk of drug dependency.
Luckily, there is a healing center that utilizes a proven and effective holistic method to counter the use of these harmful medications. The Holistic Sanctuary offers the following exclusive treatment for every patient:
- Daily Massage Therapy
- Daily Yoga
- Daily Oxygen Therapy HBOT
- Daily IV Drips, NAD< Amino Acid, Brain Repair Formula
- Daily Green Coffee Colonics Enemas
- Daily Meditation
- Daily Energy Work
- Daily Body Work
- Daily Cold Pressed Juice Cleanse Diet
A problem like PTSD can quickly escalate. You should not wait for the problem to become worse to the point where complete healing may no longer be possible.
To know more about our holistic healing program, feel free to contact us here.