See What Our Patients Have To Say…
Cost/Price & Treatment Option Information
It can be hard to recognize when casual drinking has become alcohol abuse or alcoholism. It can even be harder to know what to do to combat it.
Understanding what addiction looks like in reality can be difficult for your loved ones, let alone for an addict. If only we spread the awareness of the signs and symptoms of alcohol abuse, it would be easier to determine when to seek professional help and go to an alcohol treatment center. We need to immediately stop addiction and work toward recovering their lives before it is too late.
Signs to know when to go to an Alcohol Treatment Center
Here are the following signs of alcohol abuse defined by the Centers for Disease Control:
- When you are binge drinking.
Binge drinking happens when your blood concentration reaches 0.08% or more in just one sitting. On an average person, this is a result of drinking 5 drinks for males and 4 drinks for females.
- When you are a heavy drinker.
Consuming 15 drinks for men and 8 drinks for women a week is already considered heavy drinking.
Other symptoms are as follow:
- When you experience blackout drinking
- When you have insomnia
- When you have a strong craving to drink
- When you have severe withdrawal symptoms like seizures
- When a person becomes aggressive and violent with family members due to drinking.
- When you are hiding alcohol use from your loved ones
Alcoholism can deter the health condition of the individual. Studies have shown that alcoholics are prone to have cancer, stroke, hypertension and liver diseases. It can also affect the social and professional life of the person which can lead to legal problems.
Change is hard but it is not impossible. If you have tried to stop drinking on your own with the help of your family, but you continue to relapse. Maybe it is high time to seek help.
Going to an Alcohol Treatment Center
Many are ashamed to go to a private alcohol rehab. People eye you differently when they find out you have been admitted to a drug rehab center. But, this should stop. We should not treat addiction as a shameful disorder but just like any type of disease, you seek professional help to recover. There is no shame if you want to change your life.
Here are the things that you can expect to happen when you go to a rehab:
- You will go through an intake assessment which includes physical examination, blood/urine test, and an interview.
- Based on the result of the assessment, you will either have a period of medical detox or immediately proceed to behavioral therapy.
- You may be prescribed to take some medications to treat alcoholism.
- You will have informative sessions to help you understand better alcohol abuse and how to combat it.
- The alcohol treatment center will also provide support services such as vocational or educational assistance.
The ultimate goal of these treatment centers is to help you live sober and rebuild your life.
Why choose The Holistic Sanctuary?
Many have been unsuccessful with other treatment centers. However, The Holistic Sanctuary does not depend on medications to treat addiction. We use natural therapies to help you free from the bondage of alcohol.
If you are ready to start your recovery, call The Holistic Sanctuary at +1 310-601-7805.